Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

Healthy crunchy Fish & Chips with Sauce Tar Tar




Photo by Carina Hartl
                                                            
Healthy crunchy Fish & Chips with Sauce Tar Tar
I've come along this classic recipe from one of my many cooking books and magazines and gave it my own twist.
It became a classic I make for my family.
I add oat flakes to my flour to make my fish really crispy and add a touch of healthiness. We absolutely love that.
I mix the flour  & oats with Olive Oil, season with Salt & Pepper and a pinch of Paprika,
then I cover my fish with it. Press it really well to your filet so it really sticks to your fish.
  You can use any type you like but I think best to use is Alaska Pollock or we really like white Halibut.
I put them on a with baking paper lined baking tray and bake them until crisp. I don't fry then!
They turn out the same crispy and juicy way as if they where fried, but are much healthier this way.
Just slice some Potatoes and add them to the baking tray, sprinkled with Olive oil and Sea salt.

The Sauce Tar Tar is very simple, use a good quality low fat Mayonnaise, or make your own - with fresh Egg yolks, Olive Oil & Lemon Juice (much healthier version), or use a mixture of low fat Yoghurt & low fat Mayo. Add 2 Tsp of chopped Capers and 3 medium sized spiced chopped Pickles. Add a handful of chopped Parsley. Season with the Juice of 1/2 - 1 Lemon and freshly grounded Salt and Pepper to taste.
Squeeze a lemon over the fish and enjoy!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen